Rusty Crow Primitives

Monday, October 10, 2016

I found a new friend in Flannel!!

I have found my new friend in the world of fabric... Flannel!! Designers as well as the fabric industry has given us a whole new look in "beautiful" flannels that look like wool and handle applique like batiks. I still use hand dyed wool, although very beautiful it is also a bit pricey when working on a large project. Discovering these new flannels and  how well they work give me new inspiration for fall and winter projects.  I love the ability to use a combination of wool, flannel and quality cotton fabrics in my wall hangings, table toppers and table runners. Here are a few of the new items I have made using these flannels. I just love them. Stop by the shop and check out the latest creations. Sew Southern Quilts

Here is a link to the beautiful fabrics:
Wool and Needle Flannels by Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop ,and Woolies Flannel by Bonnie Sullivan  AND Cottonworks Woven by Minick and Simpson

Some of my creations are below using cotton backgrounds and flannel and wool applique.













Stop by the shop and say hello. Sew Southern Quilts Click on the link for new fall home décor.



1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I love the mix of fabric! Looks great as always! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete