Rusty Crow Primitives

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas from Sew Southern Quilts

Merry Christmas!!

 I love Christmas and decorating with those cherished items that bring back wonderful memories of Christmas' past. I never have been a themed type of decorator, nothing flashy and bright, nothing in bold and crazy colors, just homey and simple. These sentimental ornaments, books and cards from years past still bring me joy. But.... I have found a new kind of old fashioned, I have fallen in love with Primitive but not too prim. What does that mean? I don't want to say its so "ugly" its cute kind of primitive, but just country cute primitive. A touch of farmhouse, a sprinkle of gingerbread and a dash cinnamon, pip berries and evergreens.

Here are some of my creations as well as some adorable items I have purchased from my talented friends.

 Angel Ornies and Santa Ornies bowl fillers, made by me.

Vintage bobbin Christmas Tree made by me.


Mitten made by my friend Joanna filled with tiny cinnamon gingerbread men.

Top Hat with Snowman and rusty bell made by Linda W. The tea light flickers.

Another one of Joanna's creations, I just love it.



Gingerbread man in a old crock, made again by Joanna W.
I found this old market basket in a garage and the yellow is so unusual, I just fill it with whatever, add a candle and a wreath and call it Christmas.

To all my customers, I thank you for all of your support and wonderful feedback this past year. You make what I do so rewarding. This coming year is going to be a little different for me. I am going to close my shop ( Sew Southern Quilts on ETSY) from mid February thru September and reopen in October with a full shop of seasonal items. This will give me time with family and enjoying these beautiful mountains we live in.

I will continue to blog and I plan to have tutorials as well as free patterns on my blog for your sewing enjoyment.


Have a Blessed Christmas.
Melissa and Steve
 






No comments:

Post a Comment