Rusty Crow Primitives

Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Kitty - Twas the Week Before Christmas

This little kitty was on the roof of a car at one of the busiest intersections in Crossville. The light changed and off he slid. He has 6 toes on each of his front paws and a target on each side. It must be true cats have 9 lives. This little guy is down to eight now and may run out fast if he continues to get on top of my car. You would think he would have learned his lesson, don't get on top of cars!!
 
Twas the Week Before Christmas




Twas the week before Christmas and all thru the town
Traffic was flying and not a car was slowing down.

Not a creature was stirring not even the cat,
He held tight to what he could but sure enough he fell flat.

 Traffic moved swift and he darted slow
 from tire to tire he would go.

I covered my eyes to avoid what I would see.
 For the tires were closer than he should be.

  But alas to my wondering eye did appear
but an orange cat with a 6 toes and a saved rear.


 He ran to the store so swift and so fast,
he avoided my first attempt at a grasp.

I called him Buddy and he came without a hiss or a fight
only curling up in my arms with  purring delight.

My husband was with me and stirred up a fuss
No more cats he said not even this puss

 I emerged from the stores and returned to the truck
 To find my husband charmed by my luck.

This little kitty would love him and purred with delight
 to know he saved him from a horrific plight.

 
Merry Christmas from Buddy, the Christmas Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment