Rusty Crow Primitives

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Blue Sky Riders, Kenny Loggins in Cumberland Caverns

I love this time of the year, the decorating, the cooking and eating all those wonderful foods of the holiday season, AND getting out of those tight jeans and into those stretchy pants when I get home!!

 Someone told me you are only as busy as you want to be so obviously I truly WANT to be busy.

So much has happened in the last month and more to come in January so I'll bring you up to date with just a few pictures.

Mr. took me to see Blue Sky Riders featuring Kenny Loggins (yes I am dating myself) in the Cumberland Caverns in McMinnville, TN. I have to warn you, if you are claustrophobic this is not a venue for you. Not that it is tight quarters by no means, you are just 333 feet "underground" and walk past waterfalls and pools of water to a natural amphitheater called the Volcano Room for the concert. It is a wonderful experience and we plan to go again; if you are in TN you must visit the Cumberland Caverns.


See the entrance to the cave? I don't either! I thought we were early!! NOT


This is the entrance to the Cavern.

Beautiful pools of water underground, see the people on the left above the pool? We are making our way to the volcano room.

What a view.. after walking through the cavern like little ants in a line, you make a turn and this is what you see! The beautiful chandelier and the Volcano Room. So worth it!!


The famous Grand Lady of the Volcano Room. Suspended sixty feet above the Volcano Room floor, she casts a beautiful glow throughout the room.The Chandelier originally came from the Lowes Metropolitan Theater in Brooklyn New York. She hung there from 1928 until she was purchased by Roy Daves for Cumberland Caverns in the early eighties.


The acoustics are amazing.

Blue Sky Riders featuring Kenny Loggins


Gary Burr ,(hmm Santa?) Kenny Loggins and Georgia Burr

Mr and I. I love you and thank you for a nice day and wonderful early Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment