Rusty Crow Primitives

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Worlds Longest Yard Sale, Crossville, TN

I look forward to this event with great anticipation and excitement every year. The forecast for the day was a chance of pop up showers; only 50%, No Problemo!!  We were soaked with sweat and maybe a good ole fashioned Frog Choker would be a welcome relief but it didn't happen. Promises... weather men!

  WHO said "Horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow" ? Well this group of 4 gals were "glowing like" nobody's business. 


Some of this years finds:


I want this chair so bad!!

Even if I cant have it, I can sit in right right?

These two ladies were looking at this civil war era quilt!! Oh MY. Beautiful browns, blues and soft pinks!

I can not believe I bought this for $15; I wanted a "cutter quilt" to make things for my Fall show in November but I don't think I have the heart to cut this up! It is a keeper!




I love old boxes and SCORE!! This one is black which for me is a + + and all beat up! $7



I found another cutter quilt!! This one can be cut. You can tell a utilitarian quilt, this one was made with feed sacks, look at the beautiful feedsack cottons in this quilt, and the RED, I had to have it for the RED!! $5


The 127 sale runs the first Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in August. This year threw us off our game; the first Thursday in August this year was the 7th, we had in mind it started the first Friday.... We have been ready to go since the 1st of August and had to wait another week. Agony for an avid junker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment