Rusty Crow Primitives

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Friendship is the golden thread that ties us all together

As I was going through pictures today I ran across these pictures taken in April. I intended to share this beautiful quilt sometime ago. I guess better late than never.

Back in April sometime I met two girlfriends for lunch at Ben Anna's (it sounds like Bannana's when you say it fast)  in Monterey, TN. Barb (on the right) was leaving for NY to spend some time with her parents and we wanted to get together one more time before she left. Ginny (on the left) spied this beautiful quilt folded in the corner over a comfy chair;  of course all of us left  our meal to go unfold, caress and ooh and ahh over it. We don't know the age or the maker of the quilt but to find something so spring like and cheerful was dessert. 



Ginny S. and Barb G.


Row by row quilts combine patchwork and applique.


Look at the hand work and tiny quilting stitches in this!! This inspires me to make a spring door banner with the little blue birds and pot of pansy's.  So sweet.

I have a picture of the basket but not the quilt!! What was I thinking?? I love the blue and the chunky handle of the basket. 

Have a blessed day, I am so fortunate to have so many wonderful women in my life. More tomorrow on a group of women I quilt with twice a month.


Friendship is the golden thread that ties us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment