Rusty Crow Primitives

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Where did May go?

Wow, I have been away for a while haven't I? We have had so many things going on at one time; instead of things slowing down they are increasing in speed but the finish line is in sight. Construction is always a project in itself but the windows will be in soon for the sunroom and the decking will be completed so the screened in porch is on its way to completion also. The sun-room will be such a welcome addition not to mention the storm shelter underneath the sunroom.



 I have so many new and exciting wall quilts and table runners in mind. I cant wait to get started. I found 2  new books I fell in love with and one magazine. I purchased the Journey to Jericho book because Kay England will be visiting our guild this fall; what an awesome treat to those in the Cumberland County Piecemakers Quilt Guild. Look at those beautiful civil war blocks in "The Farmers Wife" book, I have been playing with fabric to make a special table runner AND just by accident I ran across the Primitive Quilts magazine and LOVE it. There are so many quilts and well known quilt artist featured in each magazine. I have so many beautiful things to come this season.

The spring flowers are in full bloom this year and I thoroughly  enjoyed my mornings in the garden. I moved my bench and door to a corner of the yard. I call it my secret garden.  I love the hemlock  as a backdrop, this tree is so old the branches sweep the ground and make a little niche for the bench and door. I planted some flowers around it and moved the azaleas from another area in the yard to this spot, maybe the deer won't come and sit by me and eat my azaleas.  I envision this as my secret place to read a book, drink a cup of tea or dream about new quilt ideas for this upcoming season.
As you can see, I love old doors and windows and I love them in my garden.


I spent time with friends shopping for Civil War Fabrics and boy did we find some!! 
 I have beautiful blues and golds, reds and cream and so many more to share with you through my shop on ETSY.


In fact, I took one of my own quilts to the quilter this week (the first time in 3 years!!) and  I will have it back in time for show and tell on Tuesday. I also have a quilt pattern for a king size quilt, made with civil war fabrics and each week on "Show and Tell Tuesday" I'll share with you a completed block  for this civil war quilt.  I wont disclose the pattern right now, as it will be a surprise for all of us including me if I get it done. LOL

Enjoy the day and find some time to walk the gardens. Mr. and I took an 8 mile hike to Laurel Falls yesterday. I'm sore but I did it!! More about that tomorrow.

Enjoy some of Mr.'s beautiful Iris!! 











1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I meant to give you one of the "Primitive Quilts" magazine when I saw you but forgot to! When i saw it I thought of you! Can't wait to see your runner and quilt! Hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete