Rusty Crow Primitives

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Stitching Traditions, Topeka, KS

So much has been going on I have had little time to sew, but I did find time to go by and visit a favorite quilt shop here in Topeka. We are just about ready for the auction on my mother-in-laws house and contents, so more time to play and visit favorites in the area.
 
 I took classes at Stitching Traditions when I lived in Topeka. It was so nice to see familiar faces and what a treat to walk in and find my favorite quilt instructor, Jane Buckley!  I took a "Strips and Curves" class from Jane using Louisa L Smith's Strips 'n Curves book.  Not only did Jane have great patience with me selecting my colors for my strata but she also taught me about color and placement. She is a fantastic teacher.

Strips 'n Curves: A New Spin on Strip Piecing




I was so proud to tell Jane I won a ribbon for this quilt!! Thank You Jane Buckley!













Stitching Traditions Topeka, KS

 




When I return to TN I am thinking about offering a class on this technique. I love it and I can't wait to make another.  Mine is pictured above. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment