Rusty Crow Primitives

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Quilting on the Square, Holton, KS

There are so many quilt shops in Kansas and each is so unique in their own respect. Don't believe me? "Google" quilt shops in North East Kansas and your week is full, you can shop hop until to drop.
 
 Joyce, a friend of mine and I took one morning and stopped at two shops, Stitching Traditions (see previous post) and then to Holton, KS to visit Quilting on the Square. 
 
 Joyce nor I have been in Holton in a while and thought this would be a great shop to visit.  Oh my gosh, talking with Mark & Mary Pfeiler and Connie Morgan was like old home week.  (as a side note) Mr. was in the Navy with Mark and I use to work with Mary years ago. Connie and Mary have been an inspiration to me from the beginning. I joined Calico Quilt Guild in Holton many years ago; between the two of them introducing me to quilting and giving me confidence in my ability to do more than the basic quilting has led me to open my own shop and love the art of quilting. I love these ladies.
A beautiful Kansas windy day in spring. Joyce and I had a wonderful time and a great lunch, thank you Joyce.


 Quilting on the Square is one of my favorites.  Mark and Mary Pfeiler own the shop and Connie Morgan has been with them from the start. They are so dedicated to making sure your first experience in quilting is a good one and when you are ready for the next technique they are ready, willing and able to help you. This is a Judy Niemeyer certified shop and the quilts and kits they have are unbelievable.  Mary even designs her own quilts and has her published patterns available in her shop.


Can you believe this quilt is just triangles and squares?  They have kits and will mail them, Lucky for me, I miss this caliber of shop and we don't have it in our immediate area. This is a little gem.
 
 
 I want, I want

Oh my gosh, look at the quilts!
 
I had to buy this kit.  It looked rusty orange on the package but it is full of burgundy, gold and cream fabrics. Love it!
 
Somehow I have found time to do some quilting!!
Still need to hand sew the binding.


I forgot to bring the binding for this one, oh well. It is done all but the binding.
 
 
A civil war quilt I have had for a ~a few years~. Almost done!

I started my "Great Pumpkin" blocks. I traced 8 for applique and have two on the foundation ready for applique.


ALL DONE!! A special order for a customer.
 
Happy quilting, auction tomorrow, wish us luck. I'll be home next week!




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment