Rusty Crow Primitives

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mom and Pop shops - made in America

Lots to see and do in Florida and so many brochures selling the latest and greatest attraction. But, I prefer to take the roads less traveled.  Search for Mom and Pop shops, restaurants, and local events.  This trip scored some great food, beautiful ocean views and conversations with the local owners.  Maybe I am partial to Mom and Pop's due to my own home-based quilt business. The customer service and quality of the product "almost" always out perform the chain stores. If you want it customized to your taste, just ask.




I met some friends at "The French Pantry" for lunch one afternoon. The French Pantry is ~~off the beaten path~~; I passed it twice and thought my GPS had lost its coordinates when I hear "you have arrived!"  Really?, a big brick building that looked deserted, but then I spied a cute little awning. The hours are 11:00-2:00 and I was early 10:30. The line started to form at 10:55 sharp, cars flying in the parking lot and people in a rush to get to the door. I was told when they sell out it is gone and they do sell out, so arrive early, the line was out the door when we got our food but it was so worth the wait. I had the tomato and mozzarella chicken bruschetta!! Make sure to take home bread, wedding cake with fresh strawberries and chocolate cake with fresh strawberries.  OMG! I'm hiding behind all my take home! LOL



 
Thank you girls, I had a fantastic day!
 














No comments:

Post a Comment