Rusty Crow Primitives

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Quilts of Many Colors

I met with some friends on Monday for a sew-in, it was such a treat. I haven't seen them in a while and brought some handwork with me. We had a great day of quilting and catching up on everyone's latest projects. I wanted to share some of their work with you. Such a diverse group of women and it reflects in their choice of color and style of quilts also.
Barb is still stripping!!
Beautiful and colorful strip blocks. A great way to use scraps.
 

Katherine checking out Ginny's beautiful quilt.  Love the colors and star variations!
 

Can you believe she thinks this is "Ugly". As Phil would say this is "happy, happy, happy" not ugly.

Katherine and her present for her hubby. Shh, don't tell.

Look at the applique, this is not a panel. Every piece is applied and appliqued.

Verda is working on a quilt for a lady (I'm sorry I don't have her name) I was amazed, this was all done by hand. Every last stitch was embroidered to make this beautiful peacock. Verda is adding the delectable mountain borders, what a great choice for this quilt Verda. This is going to be a prize winning quilt for sure.

I just could not get over it. Look at the detail.

This is not machine embroidered, all done by hand.
 
I hope you enjoyed these works of art, they are so different and all have a story and a personality just like the owners. It really makes you think about how diverse we are and our interest in needlework techniques is as varied as the quilt maker. Thank you girls for the invite, it was so much fun to see what you are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment