Rusty Crow Primitives

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas from Dixie- It's Snowing in the Pines


 Christmas Eve and  we have a beautiful light snow this morning. I had to grab my camera and take a walk in the woods and share with you the beauty. As I walked I could not get this song out of my head by Alabama; Christmas in Dixie .  I love the snow in the pines, hemlocks and wild holly; this is such a quiet time to appreciate and reflect on God's gift to all.   
 
 We have made our home from SE Georgia to Western Massachusetts and  NE Kansas to Summerville, SC and back again; it is so good to be back in the south for the holidays. I love the warmer winters, the mountains and snow in the pines.  
 
 
 
Our Southern Christmas Cookies, known as SANDS and of course they have lots of butter and pecans!
 
 
2 cups  All purpose flour 
4 tbsp powered sugar 
2 tsp  vanilla 
1 cup  chopped pecans  
¾ cup  soft butter (not margarine) 
 
Cream butter, sugar add vanilla and then gradually add flour and chopped nuts. Beating well after each add. Roll into 1" balls. Bake at 350° for 15 min. After baking roll in a bowl of powdered sugar.
 
 
 
"Come Scarlett"(Note the southern name, she was born in North Carolina) "come snuggles with mama"!! Where did she go? "It's A Wonderful Life" is about to begin. Look under the tree, is she snuggling with my quilt?
 
Merry Christmas from the Wesleys!
Over 30 years ago I asked my father to make me the crèche.  Do you have Christmas mementos? This one is very special to our family.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment