Rusty Crow Primitives

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mini Clothesline Quilts

I finished 10 thread catchers this week and now I am working on 10 mini quilts. I'm trying a new strategy this holiday season. I am going to focus on a project until it is DONE!! Sometimes I think I have the attention span of a gnat. An idea comes to mind and I want to work on it and put aside what I'm working on. Then  searching through fabric I find awesome combinations and want to work with that. SO..No more fluttering around. Focus, Focus, Focus!! There are just so many fabrics and ideas in my head but not enough time to make them all!!
10 thread catchers DONE!!  

I think sometimes just a finished project is so rewarding. Mini quilts are awesome in that respect . Making larger wall hangings and table runners can take 2 or even 3 days of cutting, piecing and quilting to make one quilt; but mini's can come together in a matter of hours. Some days I need the satisfaction of finishing a few projects in the same 2 or 3 days. Although I know I need to be working on larger projects, I need this now. I pulled some of my past patterns for wall hangings and decided to use them in a much smaller versions (6 x 6) or ( 7 x 7) mini quilts. It did mean  making smaller versions of the larger ones, but aren't they so cute?



 

 Mr. is tending to family business so I decided I am going to try and make a clothesline quilt rack while he is tending to business. I did it!! Turned out pretty good too. Now to paint and make 4 more.
 
Okay, what will be my next project????? Hmmmm.... I have an awesome table runner I want to make, well, actually 3! See what I mean.......


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment