Rusty Crow Primitives

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Thread Catchers by Sew Southern Quilts

Time to play with fabric again. When I first started making my thread catchers I used only two coordinating fabrics. Then I found I had a piece or two of one of "my favorites" and of course the line of fabric would be discontinued, so I was unable to order more.  But, I really wanted to use that fabric, so I stared using 3 and 4 fabrics in my thread catchers. ( I was going to use it one way or another.) Little did I know, my customers would love the look also.

I knew my design was a hit when I filled an order for 20 thread catchers a while back for a shop in Gastonia, NC called May Jo's Cloth Store. This shop is on my quilt shop bucket list, look for my thread catchers if you visit them. Mary Jo's Cloth Store

My inventory on Thread Catchers is so low in my shop I need to get to work on them. So today it will be a thread catcher day or two.... When I run across a combination of fabrics I like, I bundle them together so I don't have to pull out everything to find something I like.  Just any FYI, these little bags are great for cross stitchers and scrap-bookers also.

I think the funniest story came from a customer, she wanted a thread catcher made with  masculine fabric. She was going to give it to her husband to put the remote control in and hang it on his chair. He would lay the remote control down by his side and take a nap with the chair reclined.  The remote control would disappear in the crack of the chair. No one else could use it in fear of waking him up.







No comments:

Post a Comment