Rusty Crow Primitives

Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day and the Honey Do List

   Labor Day gives laborers a day of rest but a HONEY-DO-LIST is never done. It is like the fruit cake that just gets passed around.

I found this quote today and the first thing that came to mind is my philosophy on keeping my hands and mind busy.
God give me work, till my life shall end
And life, till my work is done.
Epitaph of Winifred Holtby

 When I see Mr. sitting around listing to the birds on the porch (taking a nap)   I think he is bored (Why? because he is usually going 90 to nothing all the time) so... I try to find him something to do. (You know, the Honey-do-list) Mr. tells me he is not "bored", he is "retired"  and he worked 40+ years to take this nap and he has no interest in me finding him something to do, he "was" very happy until I woke him up. Well..., okay.... but you look bored.

Well, Guess what, Mr. has been busy with extended family issues and I have a "Honey-do-list!! What!! do I look bored? (Hmmm... I think he is trying to tell me something)

Well, surfing the net... I call it work. I was looking for patterns for fall.  I found a wool pattern with a star and sheep and fell in love with it. I made some changes to mine, but here is the site if you are interested in the pattern. Stacy West of Buttermilk Basin

This inspired me to do additional primitive patterns. I love the crow. Primitive Crow, Mini Quilt, Sew Southern Quilts

 

Well, is was a good idea until I quilted it. I don't like the back now at all.  Do-Over.

Yuck, don't like this at all.

Look at this bag, so many primitive patterns in one place. Inspiration!! I told you it is everywhere!

Look at the leaves I found today, early signs of fall. Had to pull fall fabrics to match the leaves, the colors are so beautiful.

And another one. Look at the rusty orange, brown and green?
 
Oh how pretty, after I get my "Honey-do-list" done tomorrow I am going to work on this!!
But, then again, I may just listen to the birds on the porch tomorrow instead.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment