Rusty Crow Primitives

Friday, August 16, 2013

Stitchers Garden - Franklin, TN

5 of us met  for this trip and we left from Angie's at 8:30. It is funny how conversations in a car take place on a 2 hour road trip. You need to ask Joanna about riding the hump to Franklin (she had the middle in the back seat) I teased her about her "txt" saying she wanted to go when we were getting a head count on planning the trip. You know spell check...instead of replying  "would love to go" she texted "Wild Love"   (As Ellen DeGeneres calls it clumsy thumbsy) Mr. asked,  "Just what do you girls do on your road trips?"

Stitchers Garden is unbelievable. I have yet to find a shop in all my years of shop hopping that have so many bolts of fabric, notions, books and fat quarters.  Not all of my pictures turned out well so
for a better view of Stitchers Garden visit  Jamie Kalvestran blog Quilt Shops She has a great site on quilt shops. Thank you Jamie for sharing your blog with us.


You would not believe what lies beyond those doors!

Oh My GOSH! And this is the center aisle.



Joanna, Me, Barb L, Angie, Barb G (he who has the biggest bag wins!!)
Myra Nickolaus, the shop owner in green.  Helpful and friendly shop.


NOW FOR LUNCH!!
Myra told us about a place called Merridees Breadbasket and I have to admit, they make the best chicken salad and the bread is so fresh. I couldn't leave without a huge cinnamon round and a loaf of marbled rye. (Mr. will be happy, I didn't bring him home a project; OR DID I, read on) I could have brought so much more home but had to stop. Bread and pasta are like fat quarters and bolts of fabric to me. I have to have it all. Joanna and Angie having dessert on a park bench.

On our way out of town we stopped at a little shop with antiques and right next door was the cutest little coffee shop. Look what I found.... I just love it and have started my next years 127 SALE gotta have list. Oh, Mr. is going to love this one.
Wouldn't this be a great entry into a secret garden? My husband said that's why we bought a place in the woods. My yard art is for the birds!!


Only I would notice the base of the tables are made from treadle sewing machines. I like the one the girls are eating lunch at better but, as it was, they thought I was weird taking a picture of an empty table. I'll have to show Mr. this one too.

I just love Franklin, TN and will come back. I need more time to explore. Thanks girlfriends for the wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment