Rusty Crow Primitives

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fall is in the Air and it is August!

Weather report:
56 this morning and 75 for a high today!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I have the windows open this sunny morning and had to close them some, just a little chilly this morning.  I have been working on a couple of wall hangings for fall and wanted to add a block to my scarecrow that I have not used before.  I found "broken dishes" pattern with a star in the center in The Blue and the Gray  book by Mary Etherington and Connie Tesene. They use CIVIL WAR FABRICS and you know they are my favorite.

When I stared this block I wanted it to finish about 14 inches and I need to make two for the banner/wall hanging. WHAT was I thinking? So many little  pieces for a 6 inch block. I put 4 together with a star sashing to get the look I want. I hope to have it finished tomorrow. (well, this may be on hold..... road trip with girlfriends coming up)

I need to stay home and get my work done, but.... when girlfriends call to go to a quilt shop that I haven't been to and one that has a million bolts of fabrics.... I have to go. I'll share my journey to Franklin, TN with you tomorrow.
One blue block finished, 3 more to go.

I like it so much I am going to make 8 blocks and put 4 on the top of the wall hanging and 4 on the bottom with a star sashing. Wouldn't this be a pretty table runner? Lets see, how many blocks will it take to make a runner??? BLOCKS, what about all the 1 1/2 inch pieces to make ONE block!
 
 
Can you say aww!

One of my fall favorites and one of my customers favorites too.

Lots of applique to do and more blocks for both of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment