Rusty Crow Primitives

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bonnie Blue Quilts

I found this quilt in one of my old magazines (I have them back to the 90's)  and my intent was to make a table runner but I cant stop making the blocks.  I have made 18 blocks so far. The crazy part is not all of these were leftover scraps, I had to cut yardage to get what I needed to make this.

The designer of this quilt, Paula Barnes, says "It forces us to put together fabrics that we normally wouldn't." Bonnie Blue Quilts

I love what Bonnie Hunter (quilter) Bonnie Hunter- Quiltville has to say about the use of ugly fabric.  "If your fabric is still ugly after you cut it up...you didn't cut it up small enough!" Maybe that is why I have a box of 1 1/2 inch squares. I just cant part with any of it!
This will be hard to give up, I really like how it is coming together.

Time to put this ole gal to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment