Rusty Crow Primitives

Monday, July 29, 2013

HWY 127 -World's Longest Yard Sale "AND" it runs right thru my little town!! Oh My Gosh!!



I can't get my work done fast enough in my ETSY shop so I can go check out all the vendors and the rusty, dusty, and old treasures they bring to TN every year. If you haven't experienced this event it should be on your bucket list. (Oh, that's right; I want a wooden bucket with a metal handle. Note to self) the official start of the World's Longest Yard Sale- East TN begins August 1- 4th and covers 690 MILES!  Starting 5 Miles North of Addison, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama!               


The SALE officially starts on the first Thursday in August through the following Sunday. BUT.... the vendors come in early and set up their tents this week. I can’t find enough excuses to run to town every day for "something from the grocery store". HWY 127 runs right through Main Street in Crossville!! Imagine that!! I just have to take a detour to see what treasures await me; Old quilts, rusty buckets, wooden boxes (OH, I found one today... shhh!) Mason jars old ladders for displaying quilts, antiques, vintage textile bobbins and vintage signs. Honestly, you would not believe the items that are brought in from all over the US for this sale. I can shop the sale 25 miles North and 25 miles South of Crossville and come home with so many treasures. My quilt buddies (Joanna and Barb G) and I go each year and have plans to do the same again this year. We have a wonderful time and spend at least two or three days going through junk. I think my favorite places are from Crossville, north on 127, to the  Cumberland Mountain General Store.  This is where a hub of vendors set up with antiques around the store and they have "the best" ice cream and fudge in the county!!

Here is a sneak peak of what I found so far at the sale and it has yet to officially start!! Mr. asked "What took you so long at the grocery store?".... Well...I had to stop and see what they had at the new tent. When I left the house my plan was to go to the grocery store to get milk and eggs and ....




 
Only one of many, many, vendors setting up for the sale.
 
 
Vintage 1976 Ball Mason Jars with paperwork!!  Great to hold buttons in my sewing room. I love this find.
Old Wooden Winchester Ammunition Box, great for dried flowers and gourds on the table this fall.
 
 
This was on my "gotta have it" list but I left it. (Only because I was driving the FIAT) Oh, I hope it is there when I go to the grocery  store tomorrow to get "bread". I forgot it today. (shhh!)
 
 
My hubby is so sweet. This was a twin headboard and footboard I found at a neighborhood yard sale and he made me a bench. See, my treasures are awesome. He calls them work... hmmm wonder why.
 
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I have to make the cushion now!! The one in the background is too small.
 
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment