Rusty Crow Primitives

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Quilting is very personal, and quilting like any artistic endeavor, begs to be shared. Some quilts just catch the eye, some tell a story.  Remember Grandma’s quilts if you were lucky enough to have a quilter in your family. She would say, “This is a piece of your mama’s dress or this is Papa’s shirt”. So much love and time is spent on a quilt. There's something comforting about being wrapped in a quilt. I read somewhere where someone called them “patchwork hugs”.
 
I have my mother’s doll quilt; my grandmother made it for her and the blanket is stained and worn and has wonky blocks, but I love it.  It is not stored on a shelf or put away where it can not be enjoyed. It is out for all to see.  My Grandmother and Mother have long passed but I still can hold them close in memories and enjoy a piece of the past.

That may be why I love reproduction fabrics so much, as soon as you make the quilt, it looks old.

Patchwork hugs,
Melissa

 
My Daughter and Son-in-Law.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment